Clear Bra Paint Protection Films can be applied to areas of your car’s body where the paint may become scratched or nicked. For example, some vehicle owners apply the Clear Bra Paint Protection Film to the front of their vehicle to protect the paint from road debris, stone chips, sticky bug grime, and other debris.
At Bravo Protection, we can also apply it elsewhere on the car where the paint may become damaged, such as on the rocker panels or behind door handles. But what’s important is that you should know all your options before picking a brand.
This blog will give you insights about XPEL, the best Clear Bra Paint Protection Film (PPF) on the market, and other important factors.
Let’s know a bit about XPEL Clear Bra Films – The Best PPF in the market:
- XPEL Ultimate
No one can beat XPEL’s reputation in the Paint Protection Film industry easily. XPEL as a company is relatively smaller compared to other manufacturers. However, unlike 3M, Paint Protection Film is their main focus, and they have been leading the way in many innovations to Paint Protection Film.
The XPEL Ultimate was introduced as “The World’s First Self-Healing Film.” XPEL first developed and perfected that technology as it relates to automotive protective films. That’s part of why this company has such a good reputation in the industry.
If you’ve done any reading about Paint Protection Film on our blog, you probably know why many people are crazy excited about their XPEL wraps, and rightfully so.
Pros: Preferred by qualified installers, Self-healing feature, High-Quality Product
Conclusion: Editor’s Choice, this film has no equal, and if you get it installed from Bravo Protection’s experts, it’ll last you for years.
- XPEL Top Coated PPF
XPEL provides the same level of protection as 3M products. But XPEL products are better for vehicles with darker paint jobs or those with tons of accent details. When professionally applied, it sets clear, and it won’t leave the tell-tale seam that people can easily see on darker paint jobs.
The topmost benefit of using XPEL paint protection film is that it comes with self-healing properties. Apart from that, it’s almost invisible once it is appropriately positioned.
Pros: self-healing technology, nearly invisible when applied
Conclusion: A decent option if you’re a professional or if you need a lot of PPFs.
XPEL Clear PPF
XPEL is a well-known purveyor of automotive paint protection products, and we always suggest its Clear Bra Paint Protection Film to any vehicle owner. It specializes in automotive paint & paint protection, making it the go-to distributor for all sorts of protection films. The transparent polyurethane film from this brand is available in 3 distinct sizes with a thickness of 8 mils.
Like 3M’s Scotchgard PPF, XPEL’s product is a clear polyurethane film 8 mils thick. In addition, it’s available in three different sizes: 6″ by 25″, 6″ by 60″, and 6″ by 84″.
Comparing the most professional films on the market, the XPEL and 3M, we notice that the XPEL film is even more transparent than the 3M’s Scotchgard film.
Pros: Self-healing feature, high quality
Conclusion: One of the fan-favorite protection films and brands. You can’t go wrong choosing XPEL.
What is the difference between a good and bad quality Clear Bra or PPF?
Because there are many different brands on the market, determining quality makes all the difference. For instance, back in the day, the Paint Protection Film was initially launched by the 3M for military use. They developed the PPF to protect helicopter blades from dust and debris damage that resulted in blade replacement.
The film would take on the damage instead of the blades and drastically reduced replacement costs. Since those early days, different manufacturers have fine-tuned their products and enhanced them for consumer and automotive paint protection applications. So now, what are the differences between good and bad quality PPFs? Let’s Find Out:
- Self or instant healing properties are the sign of a great PPF. Seeing minor scratches or abrasions disappear right before your eyes is also a sign of a good quality paint protection film.
- A good quality Clear bra will come with a warranty of at least 10 years, which is important because you’ll want this extra protection if something happens to it.
- A thickness level of 5ml or less is not ideal, as it won’t provide as much protection as you’d like. But, a thickness level of 8ml will help the clear bra look as seamless as possible and be super protective. With this level of thickness, it’s easier to stretch over your vehicle.
- Finding a PPF to use along with ceramic coating is not super common, but it is important! The ceramic coating on top of the PPF improves the overall appearance of your vehicle.
- Finding a PPF and ceramic coating that work together seamlessly isn’t easy. Avoid a PPF that comes with a warranty of 5 years or less. And ensure that your PPF can be replaced in case something happens to it.
However, there is one product that checks all of these good boxes: XPEL Paint Protection Film. And as far as Ceramic Coating is concerned, check this out.
Qualities of a good PPF (such as XPEL Paint Protection Film):
- A warranty of 10+ years
- The thickness level of 8ml (+)
- Self or instant healing properties (light scratches or abrasions disappear overtime with heat)
- They are used along with the ceramic coating.
Qualities of a bad PPF:
- Warranty of 5 years or less
- The thickness level of 5ml or less
Paint Protection Film – Things to Consider
After deciding which clear bra you’re going with, it’s also essential to consider the installation. Always ensure that you’re making the right decision because you’ll be the one living with it. Also, make sure the shop you’re talking to walks you through all the details and packages available so that you’re fully confident when deciding on clear bra paint protection.
Rest assured, you’ll get all this and more at Bravo Protection Products. At Bravo, customer satisfaction has always been our priority.
When is the ideal time to get Clear Bra PPF?
It is wise to begin with paint protection as soon as you get the car, as it hasn’t been exposed to road debris yet. On a brand new vehicle, this will protect the front from rock chips and rusting and preserve the vehicle’s value. With an older vehicle, you might require touch-ups and paint correction before clear bra installation.
If your car has minor scratches or swirl marks, you may require paint correction, which can cost several hundred dollars extra. XPEL films are infused with nanotechnology that fills these microscopic scratches. XPEL Clear bra removes the need to indulge in minor paint correction, which can save your hard-earned money.
Benefits of Clear Bra Film for Your Car
The color of your car might not be the reason you bought it, but perhaps it’s why you feel so darn great behind the wheel. You know that protecting it is one of the most important things to do. And by now, you must have realized that maintaining your paint protection film is the best way to keep your paint looking as good as new.
Let’s look at the benefits mentioned below if you’re still unsure:
- Protection against damage.Paint Protection Film, also known as a clear bra, protects your vehicle against damage caused by things like road debris and rock chips. The Clear Bra absorbs the impact before it can damage your car.
- Higher resale value.Investing money into protecting your new car’s paint now will pay off when it’s time to sell it. When your original paint is in good shape, it increases a used car’s value.
- Ease of maintenance.You can maintain a clear bra just like your vehicle’s paint. It can be waxed or ceramic-coated for the best shine and appearance.
Visit Bravo Protection Products for Clear Bra Paint Protection Film Now
No matter what Clear Bra you choose, you’ll protect your car against unwanted scratches and dings. So don’t put off an installation appointment any longer.
We strongly suggest opting for a product from a well-known manufacturer such as XPEL, as many paint protection films on the market today might not perform as advertised.
Moreover, which paint protection film you choose is less important than how it is installed, so it’s imperative that you visit Bravo Protection Products if you reside in the St. Paul-Minneapolis area. We have world-class installation facilities expert staff, who can install any Clear bra film with ease.